Ladera Ranch, CA – Orthodontic treatment is a big investment. While the initial cost may seem like a lot, one must remember to factor in all the benefits treatment can offer. But finding ways to make treatment more affordable is always important. Ladera Orthodontics offers the following tips for making board-certified treatment as budget friendly as possible.
- Choose the right orthodontist. Many people who are concerned about cost may only look at the initial bottom line thinking that choosing the cheapest orthodontist is the way to go. But as with anything, you often get what you pay for. If you are looking at cost only and not skill you may be setting yourself up for problems in the future. Braces or clear aligners should create a beautiful and properly functioning smile that lasts a lifetime but cutting corners by choosing the cheapest orthodontist may not provide those results.
- Utilize a health savings account or flex spending plan. Many places of employment already help their employees set up HSA or FSA accounts and if you don’t already have such an account, it may be in your best interest to inquire about one. The tax saving implications make this a great option.
- Look at in-house financing options. Ladera Orthodontics utilizes a unique system called OrthoFi that allows you to select your own down payment and your own monthly payment. Who does that?!? No interest options, minimal down payment, and the ability to extend payments well beyond the total treatment time makes treatment super affordable. Patients never leave the office thinking treatment is too costly as we work with each individual and family to ensure that it makes sense to their family’s budget.
- Ask about discounts that may be available. Many offices offer discounts for paying in full at the beginning of treatment or have family member discounts if more than one family member is in treatment. Many offices also offer discounts for military personnel, first responders, teachers, and others.
- Check your dental insurance. Many patients are surprised to find the amount their insurance will cover – and often in a good way. While your insurance probably won’t cover the entire cost, everything helps! Our finance specialists will help you ensure you are getting the most out of your insurance benefits.
- Follow all your orthodontist’s recommendations, especially for retainer wear once your active treatment is over. We treat people every day who have previously undergone orthodontic treatment and have returned because they didn’t wear their retainers and their teeth have shifted. To get the most out of your investment be sure you preserve it by following your orthodontist’s care instructions.
Dr. Gire and Dr. Salmassian work hard every day to provide the highest level of care at affordable prices. Price should never deter a patient from receiving the treatment they need. To learn more about how affordable treatment is and to find a treatment that can comfortably fit into your budget, call Ladera Orthodontics today at 949-272-8782.